The "newly built" Orston Primary school mentioned in "The Nottinghamshire Countryside" Vol 11 No. 8 (1949)
Planning stage for the new classroom
We have so many people to thank for making the new classroom a reality:
- All of the parents and families of the Orston Primary School Community for supporting fundraising
- Nick Sladen and Sladen Estates for providing an Architect -Dan Williams through to Project manager - Andrew Tongue for free and supporting the whole project from beginning to end!
- Alex Hole - Governor, Parent and Managing Director of MES Energy for again supporting the project from beginning to end!
- Orston School Association for their support and fundraising during the build and paying the LA loan for the next 3 years.
- Librex Educational Supplies for helping to develop and install the interior of the classroom
- Carlin Construction for building such a great quality, traditionally built classroom, especially Peter Brears and Mick Robins.
- Orston Spring Dash, who raised enough money to buy a brand new, state of the art interactive whiteboard.