Our school is rated as Good by OFSTED with OUSTANDING features and was inspected in January 2023.
It is our pleasure to share the report from OFSTED below. The report is an excellent recognition of the hard work at Orston Primary School. Staff, governors, children and parents deserve great credit for this tremendous achievement.
The senior leadership team and governors received more detailed feedback from the inspection team and some of this is detailed below.
Inspectors reported that:
- The inspection team confirmed the judgements that the Senior Leadership Team have made about their own school
- Leaders know their own school well
- The school met every criteria for ‘Good’ in every category and ‘Good’ gradings were seen as ‘strong’ and ‘secure’. An outstanding judgement was made for Behaviour and Attitudes and was also discussed at length for the Personal Development judgement.
- Safeguarding is very well led and managed and is the school's highest priority
- The Early Years is a place where children flourish
- There is a well promoted love of reading and reading is given a high priority across the school. Phonics teaching is excellent
- The school celebrates diversity and our children’s knowledge of Diversity, Protected Characteristics and British Values was seen as ‘Exceptional’
- The children know the school values: I am Curious, I am Caring, I am Resilient, I am Ambitious and I have Integrity very well and show pride in being the ‘Awesome in Orston’
- Children are known well as individuals and we are a close knit community with a family feel.